Who we are
The Circular Concrete Centre is an open research centre. We aim to reduce the ecological impact of the construction industry by enhancing the use of circular concrete:
- We advise construction professionals on circular concrete mixtures, applications, suppliers
- We test (circular) concrete mixtures in preparation for accreditation.
What we do
Our operation is based on two pillars:
- we operate a multi-device laboratory where we can test your concrete mix at market rates. We are also having our laboratory accredited so that, in time, we can also certify your concrete mix.
- this website as an online platform where knowledge about circular concrete is collected and re-shared, through our network of partners, at events and through targeted communication campaigns.
- Under general questions about circular concrete, you will find the most common questions and information we have already compiled.
- You can ask your technical question at our advice desk. This could be a general question, or it could be about a specific innovative concrete mix.
- Also view the construction projects in which circular concrete has been used.
- Finally, we made a list of companies working with circular concrete.
The Circular Concrete Centre began as a partnership between Buildwise, KU Leuven Recycon, Groen Beton Vert and the West Flanders Development Agency (POM), with support from ERDF Flanders.